Truth...ok, more like confessions. Here is a recap of the weekend. And, well, don't be too disappointed in me.
Friday: I didn't workout. I got home from work and took the dog out super quick. After doing so, I headed off to meet my boss and three other men from my department (we're a small department). One of the men had just retired and we were invited to celebrate his retirement at dinner. The wives and the boy joined us. It was at a Japanese hibachi grill. When I finally got home it was almost 10 and din't leave time to workout. Let me add to this that I also had car problems...My emergency brake light came on and stayed on the rest of the day. The brake wasn't engaged. Then after dinner my oil pressure light flashed on followed by the check engine light. Sheesh!
Saturday: I got up to deal with the car issues. It was super early. 6:45 was when the first alarm went off. I got the oil changed and while waiting for it to be done ran a few errands. I came home, helped load the futon in the boy's truck and ran to get my car. I dashed down to Virginia Beach for lunch with my grandmother, aunt, sister and mom. It was great. I had 1/2 a turkey avocado club - sans bread because they used this awful flavored sauce - and a small wedge salad. Pretty good choice. By the time I was done with that, I wound up heading back to the boy's place to take care of some car stuff. When we finished getting parts and stuff, it was nearly 5. We ran out to rest drive my next big purchase...a 4Runner. I am more thrilled with it than I was 6 months ago. Needless to say, I will be saving my pennies and hoping for the house to rent so I can buy it. We had dinner...and of course by the time we got back to his place, it was nearly 10 again. No workout.
Today: We went to church and lunch with some friends. After that I was kind of worn out still, so I took a siesta on the couch. By the time I woke up (3:30), I had to get my stuff packed so I could head out to go home. Well, the headache that has plagued me all day has only gotten worse. I unloaded the car, the dog, and headed out to the grocery store for a quick run through. Now, here I am getting ready to make dinner. Again, no workout. So, yes, I have been a slacker.
Tomorrow's Plan: I will workout. No ifs, ands, or buts. If I have the opportunity, I will do 2 to make up for my slackness on Friday and Saturday. It is what it is...at least I ate well!
At least you ate well. That's a huge step. I didn't exercise or eat well all weekend. Hope you got your workout in tonight!
ReplyDelete